Chad Townsend, Molly MacDermaid and Sydney Erb, the directors of the junior Golf Program at Gowan Brae are excited about the upcoming golf season.
Our bilingual program comprises of 8 weeks of golf instruction.
The best known products of our program are Adam Chamberlain, Kristi Vienneau, Molly MacDermaid and Danek Hadley. All of whom have or are are currently still giving back to the program that jump-started their golfing careers.
“One of the most outstanding Junior Programs in the Maritimes”.
Dave Ross past CPGA president
Junior Golf Categories – Age as of August 1st
- Junior 17 and 18
- Juvenile 15 and 16
- Bantam 13 and 14
- PeeWee 12 and Under
Tournaments & Events
Gowan Brae Golf & Country Club Junior Rules
- Junior Juniors (ages 8-10) must be accompanied by an adult member and tee off during the designated junior tee off times given below.
- Available junior tee off times:
- During school year: After school - before 4:30pm & after 7pm
- Summer weekdays: Between 10:00am and 3:00pm and after 7:00pm
- Weekends & Holidays: After 3:00p.m
- Boys with established handicaps less than 18 and girls with established handicaps less than 30 may be approved by instructors to play at any time.
- Minimal age to be eligible for Junior Junior membership is 8 years old in reference to the school calendar.
What to wear
- Collared golf shirt
- Dress pants or shorts
- Sweaters/sweater vests
- Golf Shoes or sneakers
- The dress code is important as it represents not only our juniors but also Gowan Brae Golf Course.
What NOT to wear
- Short Shorts
- Ripped/damaged clothing
- Inappropriate slogans/vulgar quotes or sayings
- Backwards hat/visor
The Dedication Award
This year the junior program will recognize one male and one female individual who have dedicated their summer to improve their golf game. This award will be presented to the two athletes who spend countless hours practicing every shot, who play every day, and who have a passion to excel at golf.
The junior coordinators will select the deserving individual of the award.
The Final Banquet
The final banquet will take place on August 13th following the Junior Club Championships. All juniors are invited. The banquet will start with dinner then proceed to a recap of the year’s progress accompanied with pictures. There will be prizes for all juniors who participate in the junior club championship and the junior club champions and UCT winners will be announced.
* The cost for extra tickets will be $20 and can be purchased in the Pro Shop starting August 1st